Tuesday, December 28, 2010

LitFuse - new review site...


LitFuse Reviews

The Clouds Roll Away
by Sibella Giorello

A book about murders, gangs, and cops – with no swearing or sex scenes? I love not having to put down a book part way through in response to the obscenities...thank you! Raleigh works for the FBI and has just moved home after a transfer to Washington, and she immediately gets put on a case involving a rapper in a historical Eastern setting. As I have never really been out East, it is hard to imagine the rich culture and beauty – and also the racism involved. Giorello paints a beautiful picture of Virginia in this easy to read page turner.

I liked this book, I wouldn't say I loved it. The plot was good and well executed, but I felt that when a big turn in the book took place, there wasn't a lot of gusto leading to it or explaining it. I would have loved to read an extra 50 pages to have more things explained, such as the history of the gang or the others involved in the drama.

Thanks LitFuse for this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment